You want to buy items and are eager to receive your item right now? Then you will love the Location search and Buyer pick-up option!
With these functionalities, you can search and buy items that are near you, then go pick them up directly from the seller’s location. That means no shipping fee and no risk of having your items delayed during delivery.
Sounds great? Then keep on reading :-)
How it works
This can work two ways, as long as both you and sellers have activated the Location search/Buyer pick-up option (see How to activate the Location search option below):
1. You can search an item by location, within a 2-10km radius that you can set up and modify (a 2km radius is set by default).
- Go to the filters, when you scroll down you will see a filter saying “Near you”.
- The items matching your criteria and within your perimeter will appear.
- Once you are ready to buy an item, the Buyer pick-up option will be selected by default.
2. Otherwise, you will see if an item is near you when you scroll the feed. These items will appear in your regular feed when they are within your search perimeter. If you put this item in your cart, the Buyer pick-up option will appear as a delivery option at checkout.
You can always change the shipping method if you change your mind, as long as it is before you finalise the payment. You will however need to pay the corresponding shipping fees.
Once you have ordered and paid for your item:
- the private chat will open between you and the seller to arrange the pick-up location and date/time within 5 days following the order.
- Once the pick-up happened, you will need to confirm it on the UW platform.
- You will then have 4 days to confirm that you are happy with the item and finalise the order so we can pay the seller.
If the item is not up to your expectations, you can ask for a return instead of finalising the order. Keep in mind though that the usual rules and process will apply.
Remember, once the order has been picked up, you will get daily reminders asking you to finalise it or lodge a return request. If you do not respond or update the UW app within these 3 days, the order will be automatically completed and the seller paid. We will not be able to reverse this afterwards.
How to activate the Location search option
Easy ! Go to the filters and search the “Near You” filter.
The first time you select this filter, you will be asked to set the location of reference, for example your home address or your current location, around which we will look for items. You can either:
- Allow UW to access your current location while you are using the app (this can be disabled at anytime through your phone’s settings).
- Or set a fixed address of reference. You default address is automatically selected but you can select another of your listed addresses or add a new one.
Once you are happy with your location of reference, you will access the feed with the "Near you" filter selected.
Your chosen location of reference and search perimeter range ("Buyer pick-up range") will be indicated at the top of the feed.
If you want to modify any of these, just click on them :-)
You are now set, happy shopping on UW !