Got a question? Something does not work like it should with your account? Then check out answers to common questions about it below.
- I am trying to log in but it says that my account is not activated
- I have not received the email to activate my account
- I cannot login to my UW account, it says my username/password is invalid
- The email address linked to my UW account does not exist anymore
- I don't know why my product is blocked
- I can't complete the identity verification process
- I can't upload a copy of my ID
- I can't upload my proof of address
- I have deleted the UW app but I still get emails
- I am trying to delete my account but I cannot find the button for it
I am trying to log in but it says that my account is not activated
You should have received an email with a link to activate your account. Make sure you check your junk box if you cannot find your email. Then click on the link in the activation email. Done !
You can now login to your UW account, talk to users and see your orders in progress.
I have not received the email to activate my account
Check your Junk mail box, the email might be there. If so, please make sure you mark it as "not junk" so you always receive our emails. Otherwise, you might miss out on order notifications or promotional days.
If you have not received this activation email titled "Activate your United Wardrobe account", please contact our client service team as soon as possible via the contact form below. They will be happy to help you with this.
Make sure you provide us with the email address you used to set up your UW account so we can verify it. If you registered through Facebook, we will need the email address linked to your Facebook account.
I cannot login to my UW account, it says my username/password is invalid
That is unfortunate ! There could be few reasons why you cannot login to your account.
You should however start by changing your password. To do so, click on "forgot password" (bottom right of the login area) and follow the instructions.
If this still does not work:
Is your email address still valid? If we tried to contact you and our emails bounced back to us too many times, we would have disabled the address. In that case, you will need to contact us so we can help you. Please make sure you include the following when contacting us so we can verify your account.
- email address linked to your account
- Date of birth
- postcode of the address listed on your account
- last 4 digits of the IBAN listed (these ones only, not the full IBAN)
Otherwise, your account may be blocked :-( Accounts are blocked when users do not respect our Conditions of Use and what we stand for, repeatedly try to sell replicas, consistently use inappropriate/offensive language towards other users or us, or when there is suspicion of fraud on their account (the identity verification was rejected or failed, even after providing a valid ID).
You should however have received an email about it, also indicating if the ban is permanent. Please check your junk box if you have not received it.
The email address linked to my UW account does not exist anymore
You should still be able to login to your UW account. You can then change your email address, so you continue to receive our product/order notifications and promotion offers (depending on your email preferences settings).
Once you have changed your email address, you will need to login with the new one. The old one will no longer be valid.
I don't know why my product is blocked
To maintain our platform and keep it safe, we block items on a daily basis. Items that are not clothing, shoes or accessories, like electronics or books will be blocked. We block replica, counterfeit, 1:1 and fake items. We also block items that are not for sale, for example 'looking for' items. You can set up a search request for this!
I can't complete the identification verification
For us to be able to transfer money to your bank account, your identity needs to be verified by our payment partner Stripe. For this, you first need to check that you have downloaded the latest version of the app. Then you will be asked to provide:
- provide your real and full name, as well as your date of birth (as shown on your ID),
- your address,
- your bank information (IBAN),
- accept Stripe's Terms & Conditions, hereby allowing us to pass on the above information for the verification.
Please make sure these are correct (no typo) and that you accept Stripe's Termes & Conditions, otherwise your identity cannot be verified. In this case, or if we need to pay you more than 2.500€, you will also be asked to upload a valid copy of your ID. Instructions and tips to upload your ID will be in Menu > Settings.
If you do not go through the verification process, we can't ensure a safe transaction and therefore the money will stay with our payment partner, Stripe. They hold the money for 90 days after completion of the order. If you do not provide the information we need to be able to pay you within 90 days, we are forced to refund the money to the buyer. So make sure you provide the right information within these 90 days!
I can't upload a copy of my ID
The IDs accepted for the verification will depend on your country. You can see the list relevant to you on your app, where you need to upload your ID.
Then have you checked that:
- you uploaded the right format (PNG or JPEG) and that the size does not exceed 10 MB?
- the picture of your ID is clear (blurry images will get it rejected) and in colour (Black & White pictures will not be accepted)
- your ID matches the name and date of birth you previously provided?
- your ID is still valid? An expired ID will be rejected
This should then take up to 24 hours to be processed and for your identify to be checked.
I can't upload my proof of address
It is possible that Stripe cannot verify your address. In this case, you will be asked to provide a proof of address (e.g., utility bill). You will be able to do this from the app via your settings.
Please also make sure that the following requirements are met before sending the evidence to us:
- the evidence is less than 6 months old
- the file is in PNG, JPG, or PDF,
- the copy is clear and large enough to be read easily
- you provide the whole document, in particular, you should have both your full name and your address on the same page.
I have deleted the UW app but I still get emails
Your account might still be active. Removing the app from your smartphone does not mean your account has been disabled/deleted. Click here for instructions.
Once this is done, you should not get any more automatic emails from us. If that's the case, please contact us.
I am trying to delete my account but I cannot find the button for it
You need to login to your UW account from a Web browser to delete your account. It is not possible from the app.
From our website, log in to your UW account and go to Menu > Settings. The "Delete account" button is at the bottom, left corner.