There could be a few reasons why you did not get paid after your order has been received. You're definitely entitled to your payment and we will of course make sure you do. But first, check out usual reasons for delayed payments below.
- The order has been received but is not yet finalised
- Your identity has not yet been verified
- I can't upload a copy of my ID
- I can't upload my proof of address
- Payment timeframes
- Wrong IBAN
- Weekend delay
The order has been received but is not yet finalised
Unfortunately, knowing that the order is received is not enough to trigger the payment. The buyer must confirm on the UW app having retrieved the order and then that he/she wants to keep it.
Keep in mind that an order dropped off at a service point does not count as "received" because the buyer is yet to go get it.
- If we have provided the shipping label, we have sent notifications to the buyer but you can also contact him/her in the chat to check when the order is likely to be picked up. We will then notify you as soon as the order has been retrieved by the buyer (this is automatically updated on the UW app).
- If we have not provided the label, you should let the buyer know in the chat when the order is left at a service point. They will then need to manually update the UW app once they have picked up the order.
Then, the buyer will have 4 days to check the item(s) and decide to keep the order or lodge a return request. If the buyer does not make a decision after these 4 days (despite our daily reminders), our system will finalise the order and pay you.
Once this is done, we process your payment within 24 hours and you should see it on your bank account within few days.
Your identity has not yet been verified
From 1 July, sellers will need to have their identity verified by our payment partner, Stripe (also used by Booking.com for example) before we can pay them out. Without this verification, we cannot pay you after the 30rd of July. Your money is therefore on hold.
You should have received a notification on the app and an email asking you to verify your identity, please check your junk mail box if that's not the case. You will also need to make sure you have installed the latest version of the app so you can complete the verification.
To verify your identity, you will need to provide your full name and date of birth (as shown on your ID), your address and your bank account number/IBAN. If Stripe cannot verify this information, you will be asked for additional information. You can read more about it here. This information will be private and won't be shared with other users.
Good news tough: You only need to do it once. Once your identity has been verified, you're good to go! We will not ask you to do it again or provide more information unless:
- you change your information (e.g., provide a new name or a new IBAN)
- you sell something worth more than 2.500€, or if your payout has been pending for more than 6 months
If you do not go through the verification process, we can't ensure a safe transaction and therefore the money will stay with our payment partner, Stripe. They hold the money for 90 days after completion of the order. If you do not provide the information we need to be able to pay you within 90 days, we are forced to refund the money to the buyer. So make sure you provide the right information within these 90 days!
I can't upload a copy of my ID
The IDs accepted for the verification will depend on your country. You see the list relevant to you on your app, where you need to upload your ID.
Then have you checked that:
- you uploaded the right format (PNG or JPEG) and that the size does not exceed 10 MB?
- the picture of your ID is clear (blurry images will get it rejected) and in colour (Black & White pictures will not be accepted)
- your ID matches the name and date of birth you previously provided?
- your ID is still valid? An expired ID will be rejected
This should then take up to 24 hours to be processed and for your identify to be checked.
I can't upload my proof of address
It is possible that Stripe cannot verify your address. In this case, you will be asked to provide a proof of address (e.g., utility bill). You will be able to do this from the app via your settings.
Please also make sure that the following requirements are met before sending the evidence to us:
- the evidence is less than 6 months old
- the file is in PNG, JPG, or PDF,
- the copy is clear and large enough to be read easily
- you provide the whole document, in particular, you should have both your full name and your address on the same page.
Yes, the money is transferred to you within 24 hours after the order is finalised. The day that you actually receive this money on your bank however, depends on your bank. It can take up to 3 business days before you see the amount on your bank account. We advise you to take this into consideration!
If you did not receive this money after these 3 business days, please check your account settings. You might need to provide additional information so we can safely pay you.
For orders created before 30 July, payouts will be done on the IBAN nominated on your UW account. Therefore, please make sure that you have provided the correct bank information (IBAN) on your UW account so we can refund you. This is only possible through the website, not via the apps. You can add/modify it via Menu > Settings > IBAN.
If you have an old IBAN, please modify it and notify us. We will check if the money got back to us and make sure to transfer it again if that is the case.
For orders created after 30 July, you have to make sure you filled in the right information in the identity verification. If you can't be validated, you will be asked to modify your information and go through it again.
If you have an old IBAN verified, please contact the support. We will help you change the IBAN to your current one.
If the money can't be transferred to you because you did not go through the check, it will be held at Stripe, our payment partner, for 90 days. Make sure you provide the right information within these 90 days. If you do not get your information validated, we are forced to refund the buyer this money.
Did we transfer the money to your IBAN on a Saturday or Sunday? The bank will transfer this money on Monday. In the weekend the banks do not process any payments, that is why it will happen on Monday. Unfortunately, we can't change that. When we transferred the money in the weekend, you will receive it between Monday and Thursday!