From tomorrow the 30th of July, all payments will be processed by our new payment provider Stripe instead of Mollie previously. For you, this means safer payments on the platform, just as fast as now!
But this also means that we had to update our Terms and conditions. Of course, the biggest update is the payment part (see Art. 8 of the Terms & Conditions), but we also took this opportunity to review and clarify few other sections.
So, what has been updated specifically?
- From Thursday, July 30, payments done via United Wardrobe are handled by Stripe (Art. 8.1)
- All payments handled by Stripe are subject to the Stripe Connect Account Agreement (Art. 8.2)
- In order to fulfil its legal obligations, Stripe will request certain information from sellers to verify their identity (Art. 8.3)
- We’ve outlined the new payout timeline (for finalised orders, refunds and Non-integrated shipments) (Art. 8.4)
- We’ve clarified how the purchase agreement between buyer & seller works (Art 4.4)
- We’ve clarified how the compensation for the intermediary services done by UW is applied (i.e., the administration fee & service fee) (Art. 5)
- We’ve specified the actions taken by United Wardrobe for orders incomplete after 30 days (Art. 6.10)
These new Terms & Conditions will take effect on July 30, 2020. You can read the full version of the Terms here.